- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat/Distiller
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Docs
- Fiercely creative with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, active listening, receptive to nonverbal communication
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
Graphic Designer / Project Coordinator | March 2020 – Present
First in Print, Jacksonville, FL
First in Print has been in Jacksonville’s “Fast 50” for two years in a row. Specializing in marketing products for the beverage industry, we design and produce bottle neckers, shelf talkers, and many other products for local to global companies.
- Preside over 40 new clients each month during the first four months after training, including bringing major national brands such as Nestlé and Dos Hombres to the First in Print portfolio.
- During my first month of active client work, I received the all-time high record for achievements, which are quantifications of the many processes an agent has to move through for each job.
- Produce dozens of projects from beginning to end weekly, where most projects are processed from Proofing to Production in under two hours.
- Constantly implementing efficiency into daily tasks with requests for complimentary documentation written by me as additions to our SOP training manuals.
Contract Graphic Design Professional | April 2010 – PRESENT
New Point Media via DFly Designs, Orange City, FL
NewPoint Media is the parent company of some of the most recognizable real estate publications across the U.S. and Canada, including Homes & Land and The Real Estate Book.
Solely responsible for 12 monthly publications. Each cycle includes eliciting requirements, building workflows, designing pages, proofing pages, and refining pages through change requests from clients. Responsible for production phase, which includes pagination, exporting page files to PDFs, assembling for both print and Ebook versions, sending out for printing and marketing.
- Presided over the development and publishing of more than 20,000 unique advertisement pages, across 12 monthly publications for the past nine years.
- Experimented with new routines by implementing the use of Google Docs to increase efficiency, shareability, and to reduce the processing time of each page by 30%.
- Created detailed project plans with well-defined specifications, continuous delivery refinement cycle, and client sign-off which served to communicate project progress to non-technical product owners.
- Led four-person team on annual multi-region publication consisting of delegating the design of small sections and compiling finished modules into the final build of publications.
Creative Director | December 2005 – February 2010
Flagler Publishing, Palm Coast, FL
Publisher of The Flagler Times, former newspaper of record for the onetime fastest-growing county in the United States.
Ad design and layout of The Flagler Times, twice weekly. Managed each publication cycle from eliciting requirements and objectives through to production working closely with teams consisting of sales, news and feature editors, data entry operators, and printing press personnel. This small operation crafted my ability to be empathetic and adaptable as it often required us to step out of our own assigned tasks to help struggling co-workers in order to meet deadlines.
- Promoted from Junior Graphic Designer to Creative Director in under eight months.
- Accomplished feature writer and photographer with my work showcased in The Times as well as other special publications such as “The 2008 City of Palm Coast Annual Report” and “The History of Flagler County” annual magazine.
- Often managed heated conflict between editor, journalists, and feature writers regarding newsworthiness of topics after weekly brainstorming sessions.
- Implemented twice weekly multi-department meetings for content management of our publications, which included editorial, sales, photography, and graphics. Delegated specific topics and word counts to feature writers. This increased our efficiency and eventually led to an increase in morale.
Flagler Youth Orchestra, Palm Coast, FL
The FYO serves the community by providing fundamental instruction on violin, viola, cello and bass, orchestral performance opportunities at all skill levels, and instrument scholarships for those in need.
I currently aid in the production of advertisements for all concert programs including manipulating images and clipart specifically for black and white printing. Assist in the designing of posters, fliers, web banners, and promotional items.
- Created automated sets of tasks in Photoshop to convert full-color photographs to black and white for one-color printing of their concert programs.
- Help with fundraising efforts by designing promotional items for FYO to sell at events.
- Daytona State College | 2002-2004
- A.S. Graphic Design
- A.S. Photography