- Excellent collaboration skills in a hybrid office setting utilizing Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Office, and Creative Cloud.
- Fiercely creative with outstanding attention to detail.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
Graphic Designer / Project Coordinator / Operations Assistant | March 2020 – Present
First in Print, Jacksonville, FL
Specializing in marketing products for the beverage industry, we design and produce bottle neckers, shelf-talkers, and many other products for local to global companies.
First in print has allowed me to try new things, and my competency in many previously unexplored areas such as sales, presentations, and operations grew exponentially. I credit my new skills to my unwavering desire to learn new things constantly and to having a manager open to teaching me.
- Produce daily print projects such as shelf-talkers, bottle neckers, and on-pack coupons for food and beverage industry clients. Manage each project from quoting to shipping with efficiency and intense accuracy.
- Currently managing over 400 client accounts, successfully bringing national brands such as Nestlé and Dos Hombres to the FiP portfolio. Perform weekly client nurturing tasks to keep us on top of mind.
- Developing inbound and outbound sales skills utilizing LinkedIn Learning and other educational sites has helped me bring in over $450,000 of revenue in the past two years with no prior sales experience.
- Design slide decks for Zoom meetings with PowerPoint and KeyNote, ensuring presentations flow logically, and are visually consistent. Topics include Lean Methodology, Time Management, and Efficient Workflows.
Contract Graphic Design Professional | April 2010 – March 2020
New Point Media via DFly Designs, Orange City, FL
NewPoint Media is the parent company of some of the most recognizable real estate publications across the U.S. and Canada, including Homes & Land and The Real Estate Book.
Solely responsible for 12 monthly publications. Each cycle included eliciting requirements, building workflows, designing, proofing, and refining pages through client change requests. Accountable for the production phase, which included pagination, exporting page files to PDFs, assembling for both print and Ebook versions, and sending out for printing and marketing.
- Presided over the development and publishing in both print and web forms of more than 20,000 unique advertisement pages across 12 monthly Real Estate publications for nine years.
- Experimented with new workflows by implementing Google Docs to increase efficiency and shareability, reducing each page’s processing time by 30%.
- Led a four-person team on annual multi-region publications. Delegating the design of small sections and compiling finished modules into the final build of each issue.
Creative Director | December 2005 – February 2010
Flagler Publishing, Palm Coast, FL
Publisher of The Flagler Times, former newspaper of record for the onetime fastest-growing county in the United States.
Ad design and layout of The Flagler Times, twice weekly. Managed each publication cycle from eliciting requirements and objectives to production, working closely with sales, news and feature editors, data entry operators, and printing press personnel. This small operation crafted my ability to be empathetic and adaptable as it often required us to step out of our assigned tasks to help struggling co-workers meet deadlines.
- Promoted from Junior Graphic Designer to Creative Director in under eight months.
- Accomplished feature writer and photographer with my work showcased in The Flagler Times and other notable publications such as The 2008 City of Palm Coast Annual Report and The History of Flagler County annual magazine.
- Often managed heated conflicts between editors, journalists, and feature writers regarding the newsworthiness of topics after weekly brainstorming sessions.
- Implemented twice-weekly multi-department meetings for content management of publications, including editorial, sales, photography, and graphics. Delegated specific topics and word count to feature writers. Increased efficiency led to an increase in morale.
Flagler Youth Orchestra, Palm Coast, FL
The FYO serves the community by providing fundamental instruction on violin, viola, cello, and bass, orchestral performance opportunities at all skill levels, and instrument scholarships for those in need.
Aid in producing advertisements for all concert programs, including manipulating images and clipart specifically for black and white printing, and assist in designing posters, flyers, web banners, and promotional items. Created automated sets of tasks in Photoshop to convert full-color photographs to black and white for one-color printing of their concert programs. Photograph concerts for marketing material when time allows.
- Daytona State College | 2002-2004
- A.S. Graphic Design
- A.S. Photography